Saturday, January 19, 2013

Seas Of Green

For my big 3-0, Matt and I set off on a mission to make it from Kochi (Cochin) to Munnar, land of the tea plantations, before my birthday on December 9th. After 3 autorickshaws, 2 buses and 1 ferry, we arrived at our hotel before the clock struck midnight - MISSION: Accomplished!


In the morning, the plantations were revealed and they were indeed spectacular, with the morning fog just barely touching the tops of these perfectly manicured trees. Their leaves of bright green blanketed every open area of the countryside as far as the eye could see. No other color, but green.


Although the plantations were serene, relaxing and incredibly unique for both of us, what made my birthday so special was to have both Matt and my Mom sing me "Happy Birthday" before I made a wish and blew out the candles of my cake. 
No. She wasn't beamed up, Scotty. But, she did come in some form of hologram.


CLICK HERE FOR MORE PICS

1 comment:

  1. Tea Plantations are beautiful and seeing you blow out your candles made my day. Thanks Matt for calling me, but omg I look (i have no words) lol :)

    ReplyDelete